View National and State gas price averages
Gas Saving Tips
1. Keep you vehicle properly maintained. A properly running engine can save you 2 cents a gallon. Under-inflated tires can cost you as much as 20 percent gas efficiency.
2. Watch your speed. Driving 75 miles per hour instead of 65 mph is like spending an extra 20 cents per gallon for gas.
3. Don’t overbuy gas grades. If your owner’s manual recommends regular grade gas, you are wasting money using premium grade.
4. Combine trips and shop where several errands can be completed in one trip.
5. Watch for stations with cheaper gas prices and fill up when you see a station that is cheaper instead of waiting until you are empty.
6. Choose a car that gets better gas mileage, join a car pool or use mass transit.